Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Oh, I've got lots to share today. And it's all good!















We sent this out in email yesterday. Here's a sneak peak of Mass Poetry's poster for Poetry on the T.

I'm so excited about this project! In April, we are putting poetry on the Boston transit system, also known as the T. (Click to enlarge poster.) I'm over-the-moon thrilled that "Marathon" by the beautiful and talented Nick Flynn will be one of the first we display during National Poetry Month. Woo hoo!

****

Not only am I excited about Poetry on the T, I'm thrilled about our leadership and poetry event coming up with Governor Deval Patrick on March 31.

An Evening of Inspired Leadership
Monday, March 31, 7 p.m.
Boston University Theatre
264 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02115

We’re cosponsors of this event with the Favorite Poem Project and Courage & Renewal Northeast to present poetry readings from several notable leaders from both the artistic and political spheres. Find out more.

****
I'm going to meet Gov. Patrick. HELLO!

****

Why is all of this happening before the festival, I ask myself. Whew! Too much on my plate right now.  

Speaking of the festival, we're moving right along. I'm focused on logistics, and getting our new schedule Website up and running. Lots of proofing and data entry--not my favorite task. But it's getting done, and when it's done, the new site will look swell! That's right, I said "swell."

****

I should mention that our statewide Student Day of Poetry  (SDOP) happens this Friday. More than 1,000 kids will descend on UMass Boston's campus for a day of workshops, poetry, and community. Very cool.

2014 SDOP Lineup:
Adam Gottlieb, Aimee Nezhukumatathil, Jamele Adams aka Harlym 1two5, and Phil Kaye and Franny Choi from Project V.O.I.C.E.

POW!

****

I had a terrific time with Dan Nester, Sean Patrick Dougherty, and the community at College of St. Rose. Here's a recap of last Thursday's reading.

****

This morning, I looked through the first-round changes from my publisher of my second manuscript! We're still working through covers, but the edits were relatively minor. No turning back now. Misery Islands is on its way!

****

There is so much going on. I barely have time to breathe. It's insanity for me--meaning, I expect late winter and spring to be different (or easier) every year. Yet no matter how much I plan ahead, it's always crazy busy. And I'm always surprised that it's crazy busy. Lots to do with Mass Poetry, the new book, the kids, teaching ... Why do I expect a different result this time of the year? See? Insanity.



Comments

Popular Posts