Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Hope you've had a good start to the New Year.


To celebrate 2015 and the release of Misery Islands, we're giving away two signed copies!
Go to my Facebook page and leave a comment to enter. Names will be picked on Wednesday, January 14 at 6 p.m. EST.

Watch the video on FB that the kids and I put together (see picture above).

****

Now that the holidays have passed, and the kids have gone back to school (YES!), I've been able to recover from the end of year wrap-up. I'm actually looking forward to teaching a new round of classes next week. Didn't know how tired I was until I put the focus back on my homelife. Suffice it to say I needed the break.

****

As you know, I'm doing another poem-a-day challenge. And even though it's been a struggle, I actually like everything I've written. Some need more work than others, of course, but the so-called stress I create for myself when I do one of these exercises is ... pleasant. Unfortunately, if I don't write first thing in the morning, I'll stay up late a trying to write a draft. Maybe tonight won't be so bad.

****

Much of my free time has been spent working on the Massachusetts Poetry Festival. Our committee just completed the review process for proposals. There's lots of work to be done, but it's good work.

****

Come out on Friday, January 16 to hear Mass Poetry's cofounder Michael Ansara read his poetry!


Readers and Writers Guild
January 16, 2015
Friday at 7:30-9:30pm
Preston Culter Room
Christ Church Hamilton/Wenham
149 ASbury Street
Hamilton, Mass


Michael Ansara is the co-founder and Chairman of the Board of Mass Poetry. After 25 years as an activist and organizer, he founded and led three businesses. He serves on the boards of Mass Poetry, Echo Ditto and Tupelo Press. He has 3 children and 5 grandchildren and lives with his wife Barney Arnold in Carlisle, MA. He began writing poetry seriously 10 years ago and has studied with Lucy Brock-Broido, Joan Houlihan and Barbara Helfgott- Hyett.

Comments

Popular Posts