Sunday, June 07, 2009

A Day in the Life

What does a Poet Mom do when she has a Saturday all to herself?





She goes to Cambridge to the Grolier Poetry Book Shop, the oldest poetry bookstore in the United States (in operation since 1927).





Here I am with General Manager Daniel Wuenschel.





Scenes from a slow-moving car. No, I did not take the photo. This is Boston from the Cambridge side of the Charles River.


And later, I attended the Salem Arts Festival Open Mike, hosted by the lovely and talented J.D. Scrimgeour.





Colleen Michaels






Yours truly.




Jennifer Jean, author of this wonderful article in Art*Throb.


Lastly, let me leave you with this last photo.



This is statue of Elizabeth Montgomery from the television show Bewitched. Yes, that's right, Bewitched ... in the middle of downtown Salem.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

It would be bliss to have a whole bookstore just for poetry here. I don't think there are any in New Zealand.

Collin Kelley said...

Looks like you had a great time. Love the Bewitched sculpture!

odessa said...

january, you look great! how i wish i can visit that bookstore too, must be like poetry heaven.

i'm glad you had a wonderful time. thanks for sharing. cheers! :)

maya ganesan said...

Oh, it looks like you had such a fun time. I wish my days were filled with that much poetry!

January said...

Maya, I wish all of my days were filled with poetry. But I'll glady take a few hours every once in a while.

Hope you had a nice weekend.

January said...

Odessa, Grolier is an amazing place. Lots of history there. Next time I should take a picture of the inside, because it's such a small store.

January said...

Collin, that was the first time I had seen the statue. It's cheesy--fits right into Salem lore.

January said...

Catherine, maybe you should make a pilgrimage to Cambridge someday and see the store for yourself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails