First, let me say that I don’t know how I ever made it through NaPoWriMo! That was a sheer miracle, but it does account for my lack of focus now with my writing and poetry projects.
There are no words for the level of pain I feel. Never expected to be a single mother. Never expected to be left at the top of the roller coaster. But now the focus is on the kids. I just want to be the best mom I can be, and give them all the love and support I can muster.
Please know that despite this huge stone in my heart, I am happy. I have too many good things to look forward to than to ever look back. No regrets.
To end on a positive note, here are a few things I’m grateful for:
1. Alex and Ella. My silver linings.
2. My parents, family, and friends. Thanks for your unconditional love.
3. My friends at Babson College
4. You, dear reader. Thanks for stopping by.
5. Warm weather – the Summer o’ Fun is just beginning.
6. Poetry. Poetry. Poetry.
8. Knowing who I am at the end of the day
We’ll be just fine.