School's Out!



"No more pencils, no more books ..."

Today is the last day of school for Alex and Ella. I know, a half-day on Monday is odd, but that's how the school calendar worked out. In fact, our school system is releasing the kids a week late because of all the snow days this past winter.

See, kids. Be careful what you wish for. All that pretty snow has a price.

****

I'm at Starbucks enjoying my last morning of freedom.

****

Lately, I've been trying to get back into a few routines--writing, exercise, sleeping--all the things I took for granted during the school year. I'm also in the process of planning ahead for the rest of the year. How can I make the next six months as easy on myself as possible. How can I decrease the stress level on myself and the kids moving forward. Gives me great joy thinking about how I can make our lives better.

****

The Summer o' Fun begins in earnest today! Lots of activities planned for this week and beyond. I do feel very fortunate to not work this summer. Well, that's not completely true. Planning the next Mass Poetry Festival is a year-round activity. But not having to go into an office or teach this summer is a gift.



Comments

Popular Posts