Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Time for your confessions. You know the drill.


Look at this wall. Look how pretty.

After two weeks and 12 new poems, I have enough work for the bones of a new manuscript! I'll continue to write throughout the year and see where I am at the beginning of 2014. For now, the poems have a loose order. No working title yet, but I'm in no rush to complete a new manuscript. Just want to see where my writing leads me during the next few months. I'm in a good place--hope I can stay there.

****

I need a blank wall at home so I can post pages whenever I wanted. Hmmm ...

****

My week at Millay Colony was a gift. Provincetown opened me up, but Millay gave me time to process and contemplate. I never knew how much I needed the time until I arrived. Six of us spent the week together writing in our own separate studios, then we'd gather at night for dinner and conversation. At the start of the week, I thought for sure I would not be able to full the time. But it goes by so quickly.

The spirit of Edna St. Vincent Millay was with us; she was our muse.

****

No Juno poems written, which is OK. I'm putting her on the back burner for a while.

****

I picked up the kids on Sunday and went to Six Flags to celebrate Ella's 8th birthday. Tonight is the official party--so I'm right back into mommy mode. Taking a few minutes this morning to write and reflect.  

****

Happy birthday, baby girl!

Comments

Popular Posts