Confession Tuesday


 Happy Tuesday ... Eh Wednesday!

Since I've been back from my two writing retreats, I've been in mom mode ever since. A birthday party for my baby girl (who is no longer a baby, *sigh*), a trip to Six Flags, a zoo, and summer camp--I am in the middle of it all. Being back, I really appreciate how time and silence can fortify you for anything. Now, the question becomes how can I keep a part of this summer with me always.

****

Good news is that I feel as if I can tap into that part of myself at any time. The key is finding a block of time where I am not watching the clock. I may go back to writing at 4 a.m., which will give me two hours before my daughter wakes up. For now, I've scribbled four drafts since my return. They're just waiting for me to spend a little time with them. Soon, very soon.

****

My kids go back to school the last week of August. Where did the summer go?

****

I'm back on campus today. Lots of construction and summer upgrades happening at a rapid pace. Our students return September 4, and I have a few meetings on campus this week. Can I please have one more month of summer? I'm not ready to go back just yet.

  

Comments

Popular Posts