Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Time for your confessions. Share a little bit of yourself while we promise to do the same.

This Pollock-esque original is by Ella, thanks to the Pollock app (yep, there's an app for that). 

****

Classes at Salem State begin this Thursday, and my classes begin Friday. I'm always psyched for the upcoming semester, but a big part of me wishes my winter break would last a little longer. I'm not complaining (well, maybe a tad). 

I wish I had gotten more done over the break. Sounds funny to say--wish I had done more housework. Wish I had cleaned my desk or taken the time to get organized. I get anxious when things are left undone. Piles of stuff drive me crazy. The truth is, I have plenty of time to do all of these tasks, some of which are downright boring. My expectations are too high. I spend a lot of time saying to myself, "I am enough, and this is enough for right now."

Somehow, it all manages to get done.

****

The flip side is that I've spent an enormous amount of time with the kids And, I've been revising regularly. Much of my energy has shifted to editing, which is a good thing. Also, I started a workout routine. Yay!

****

I've been thinking a lot about this blog, and what I want to say here this year. Y'know what I miss most? I miss posting poem drafts. Publications are stricter than ever about publishing original content. For a while, it was not an issue for me. I could always find a journal, print or online, that would take something posted on the blog because the poem was still in the draft stage. But more publishers are checking, and I want my work to reach the widest audience possible.  

So the blog remains a place where I share my thoughts or details on upcoming events, minus my unpublished poetry. Part of the spark for me was getting fresh feedback from you. Oh well. Let's see what 2014 has to offer. Maybe there's an upside here that I'm not seeing.

Comments

Popular Posts