Confession Tuesday


Happy Confession Tuesday, folks. Share a little of yourself and we promise to do the same.

This is me ... rather, my skate. Yesterday the kids and I went roller skating at our local rink. I love it. It's the closest I get to dancing these days. 

Decided it was much cheerier to post this picture than one of my boot standing in fresh snow. I'm saving that one for tomorrow.

****

Yes, we are in the midst of the follow up to the polar vortex. We're supposed to get 6-10 inches pf snow, which feels like standard issue for New England. The kids will be out of school tomorrow, so I'm hoping SSU will be out of school, too. Otherwise, the kids will be attending my classes.  

****

I bet my neighbors are in their hot tub right now. *sigh*

****

I am a bit overrun with books now. Finally finished Wild, which I loved. I'm ready to start Dirty Love by Andre Dubus III, but a slew of other titles need my attention. 

I'm on the committee to read the first chapters of eight books for our first year reading experience next fall. Two of the books I'm looking at are The Happiness Project and Ten Poems to Change Your Life, among others (Too tired to link to titles. Sorry.). We've also have a graphic novel as well as a a few other nontraditional titles. 

****

Also on the nightstand: Daily Rituals: How Artists Work.

****

Tonight, Amazon.com delivered our book order in the snow! The timing couldn't have been better. Ella is a a voracious reader. She's in the 3rd grade and reads at a 7th grade level, and has gone through her books several times. At least she has a new title for tomorrow. Happy to say that my son is following in her footsteps.

As for me, I ordered Ancestor's Song by Maria Mazziotti Gillan and Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind. 

****

I'm not reading a lot of poetry. Guess I'm waiting to see what I pick up at AWP.

****

Watching the J.D. Salinger documentary on PBS in the background. Fascinating.

Comments

Popular Posts