Misery Islands Book Launch - Recap

Thursday night was the official book launch of Misery Islands!

This was the first party in a long time in which I had nothing to do with planning. The event was hosted by Mass Poetry cofounders Michael Ansara and Nicco Mele at the St. Botolph Club in Boston. 

(Nicco received some really good news this week!)


The St. Botolph Club is a storied private club known for its advocacy and support of the arts in the Boston area. It's hard to argue in a room with a portrait of Robert Frost looking down on you. 





The pictures do not properly convey the buzz in the room. What they do convey is that I looked hot that night! You can't see it, but there's a gold zipped running down the back of this dress. I really have to think about where to wear this dress next. Morning drop off at my kids school? The grocery store? The post office? The possibilities are endless!

Usually, I'm running around in jeans and a turtleneck. Not tonight!


What the photos do convey is the joy I felt surrounded by friends and supporters. It reminds me when I'm slogging through festival spreadsheets or teaching metaphor and similes to creative writing students, I get to have a few moments like this. Pure joy. Makes it easier to go back to the spreadsheets.


Poet moms: l-r, Cindy Veach, Jennifer Martelli, Jennifer Jean, and me.


A few days have past, and I'm still feeling quite grateful. Special thanks to Michael, Nicco, Barney, and Lauren for taking such good care of me. I don't quite know what I did to deserve a night like this, but I am thankful. 




Comments

Popular Posts