What I Learned from a Man

I told Writer Bug I was going to steal this meme. And I have. So there!


How to debate (my dad)
How to fight back if I'm ever attacked (my dad)
How to show compassion (my dad)
How to drive (my dad)
How to fish (my dad)
How to ride a bike (my dad ... wait, that was my mom)
How to play tennis (Alex)
How to write a poem (Galway Kinnell, Phil Levine. They were my professors at NYU.)
How to give constructive feedback (Galway Kinnell)
How to get and stay out of debt (my husband)
How to kayak (my husband)
How to trust (my husband)
How to have patience (my son)

Comments

Writer Bug said…
Very nice! I love how much you've learned from your dad. Very impressive parenting on his part!
January said…
Thanks for posting the meme in the first place. I really didn't think I had that much to say about the men in my life but I guess I did!

Popular Posts