Dog Day Poetry Marathoon



















(Someone will have to explain to me why it's called a Marathoon and not a Marathon.)

Last night I read at Outpost 186 at the Dog Day Poetry Marathoon. About 80 poets will read throughout the weekend for roughly eight minutes. In between the readings, there are talks and lectures, also eight minutes in length. I was happy to read in between Brenda Iijima and Jordan Davis. There's a good vibe with this series. Something very honest about it.

I'm going back tonight because I'm excited about this set:

7:00 Susan Landers
7:08 Jen Benka
7:16 Carol Mirakove
7:24 Leopoldine Core
7:32 John Coletti
7:40 Dorothea Lasky
7:48 Eileen Myles

What I like is that there's a good mix of Boston and NYC poets throughout the weekend. Hope to see you tonight!

Here are the details:
August 17 - 19 at Outpost 186
186 ½ Hampshire St.
Inman Sq., Cambridge
Friday: 7-10 p.m.
Saturday: 1-5 p.m. and 7-10 p.m.
Sunday: 1-4 p.m

My thanks to Jim Berle for including me.

Comments

Popular Posts