Kibbles and Bits

I'm in back-to-school mode. Working out my syllabi for four classes.

****

I'm reading The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta. This is the book Salem State chose for it's First-Year Reading Experience and I'm co-leading a workshop on it next week. It's a quirky book--I'm liking it. Perrotta will speak at our school on opening day so I'm interested in what he'll say about the creative process.

****

Yesterday, I wrote a poem draft in about 10 minutes. That never happens.

****

For 99 cents, I downloaded a copy of Poems After Midnight, It's a Knopf selection from their April poem-a-day poems: 13 poems over 32 pages (including front and back matter). Wanted to see how publishers were formatting their projects in ereaders. And, the price was right.

The theme of writers producing work at night, or being open to the process in the wee hours, is a good one. Edited by Deborah Garrison, I like most of her picks. Knopf has a deep list, so every name on the list is recognizable. It's a nice little collection for the eReader. 

****


Collin Kelley's ebook short story collection, Kiss Shot, is available exclusively at Amazon for just 99 cents. If you're an Amazon Prime member you can borrow the book for free. The ebook is also available in the Kindle stores in the UK, France, Italy, Germany and Spain.

Congrats, Collin!
****

S'mores, our new guinea pig, has brought a joy to the house I didn't expect. What a pleasant surprise! The kids loooove her--and she is lovable, I must say. S'mores spends most of her days alone, without a partner, and with us gone for long stretches. I feel guilty that we took her away from her cage-mate. I may break down and get her friend. Ugh. I don't know.

****

My heart goes out to the residents of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast region. Seven years ago, I was glued to my TV watching Katrina images while home on maternity leave. The pictures look eerily similar. God bless.

Comments

Collin Kelley said…
Thanks, Jan!

Popular Posts