Confession Tuesday

Happy Confession Tuesday! Share a little of yourself today and we promise to do the same.


This lovely little chocolate orange was left in my faculty inbox by one of my students! (Thanks, Via!)

Today is the last official day of classes. Whew! I'll spend the next few hours grading portfolios and papers at a rapid pace. Can't believe the semester is over already--I must be getting old. But I am so pleased with this semester and my students.

Admittedly, I'm pretty pleased with myself. I never thought I would have the strength to teach. I mean, I thought I would be an editor for the rest of my life, but that was not my path. By being open to new possibilities, I've discovered this side of me who is vast and contains multitudes, to borrow a bit from Whitman.

Today is a good day.


****

After spending time with family this past weekend at my grandfather's funeral, I had a chance to see a few friends, including the beautiful and talented Collin Kelley! Our visit was quicker than quick, about 15 minutes before heading off at the airport. But he was kind enough to join me for a cup of coffee, which was just enough time to find out what the other is doing. Boy, is his busy! Keep your eyes on Collin because 2013 is going to be a crazy busy year for him.

We did lament a bit about the blogosphere and how everyone is really too busy to blog and respond to posts, including us. But we still enjoy blogging, mainly because we do it for ourselves.

If we had more time, I would have asked how he balances it all. Just amazing.

****

On Friday, I am traveling to Mendham, NJ, for a writers' retreat lead by Maria Mazziotti Gillan and Laura Boss. Here's a link to last year's retreat. In 2011, five of us went to this writing-intensive weekend. This year, there are eight of us! I'm so excited! Not only will I get some really good drafts started, I get to spend a weekend with my friends. How cool is that?

****

My only concern is that I'm in sort of a poetry zone. Hoping the retreat enhances and not derail my efforts.

****

It's all good.

Comments

Popular Posts