Confession Tuesday

This is a post-holiday Confession Tuesday edition. Time to share and share alike.














How was your holiday weekend?

I spent a few blissful days with the beautiful and talented Colleen Michaels and her fab family. While my kids were with their dad, we went to North Adams, MA and stayed at The Porches Inn, which may be one of the coolest places I've ever stayed. It's right across the street from Mass MoCa. If you've never been to Mass MoCA, it's worth the trip. So much great contemporary art, so many wonderful spaces converted from abandoned mills.

The photo above is part of the dessert spread from The Dream Away Lodge. It was dreamy. And fattening.

****

Today I am having one of those days where I am feeling like I'm not enough. But I tell you, just spending a few minutes putting together this blog post has made me feel infinitely better. Writing really is my center. It gives me perspective and reminds me that I need to step back and give myself a break.

Whenever my daughter, Ella, gets worked up or a little bent out of shape, she opens a book and immediately feels better. I feel the exact same way when I can write in my journal or, as in this case, write on the computer. Like mother, like daughter.

****

Bird by Bird, as Anne Lamott says.

****

Now playing on iTunes: Skyfall by Adele.

****

If you are in Harvard Square tonight, come to my reading at the Grolier Poetry Book Shop with the beautiful and talented Tim Gager. It should be fun. And I have it on good authority that Tim baked brownies for the occasion. Hope to see you there.

Comments

Popular Posts