Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Share and share alike.

This past Sunday, my friend Cindy and I went to Todd Farm (I so want to say Todd's Farm), which is huge antiques and flea market in Rowley, MA. Their summer hours are 5:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. We did not go that early, but did walk around on a beautiful summer morning to see just about everything under the sun for sale.

It was my first visit, and I was not trying to buy anything. But I found this old mail holder:



















It was a a drab olive green, which I liked but didn't work for my office. So I spray-painted it off-white and now it looks like this:



















Cost of mail holder: $40. POW!

I should have painted it light blue, but I don't think the color matters all that much. I love it! Can't wait to fill it with poems, manuscripts, and stuff.

****

What you can't see is my hot mess of a desk, including bags of papers and bills that need to be sorted. That's on my agenda for this week. Hot. Mess.

****

Finally, I'm back in the flow. It came in a moment of clarity about a week ago. My kids will be in school only a few more days, so I need to get a few things done in a short amount of time. It's forced me to use my time wisely. Otherwise, I'd be on my bed watching The View every day.

So far, I have organized my third manuscript and put the poems in a binder so I can revise on-the-go easily. By the weekend, m'script 3 will be in great shape. I also need to write a few new poems to bridge together the theme. In the process, I have removed good poems that will better fit the next collection--the Juno poems.

Woo hoo!

****

I'm also back to working out and eating healthier. So I'm sleeping better at night.

Yesterday was Meatless Monday in the O'Neil household. We made three pasta dishes yesterday, two for dinner. The kids really enjoyed making dinner, especially my son who hasn't met a pasta he didn't like. Admittedly, I ate salads and pasta all day but craved steak the whole time. I'm still a carnivore at heart, just trying to eat healthier and get the kids interested in cooking. Seems to be working.

Mmmm. Steak.

****

If you're in NYC, come out to the Bryant Park Reading Room to hear Teresa Carson, Dawn Potter, and me read from our newest works. June 12 at 12:30 p.m. Be there or be absent.

****

I confess that I let my kids watch skits from The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. And we're huge fans of "Tight Pants." I mean, we walk around the house singing the Tight Pants song. Here's the most recent version featuring JLo. Will Ferrell is our favorite, but JLo does have the tightest pants in all the land. No joke.

Comments

Popular Posts