Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Time for confessions. Share a bit of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.


Aaaah, Confession Tuesdays. I have missed you. This is the longest break I've taken from my regular Tuesday postings. What can I say? I needed the time off.

****
Robin Williams. Lauren Bacall. Maya Angelou, and countless others in desperate situations around the globe--this has been a tough summer for so many people. So many losses. Today I'm sending a little light and love to the families of those who left this earth too soon. 

****
This has been such a contrast for my family and me. We've had a great summer. Because my schedule is incredibly hectic nine months out of the year, I needed to step back and take care of myself. I needed the mental break--my kids needed their mom. And I have to say, this has been the BEST SUMMER EVER! 

Mission accomplished.

****

Now that August is nearly over, however, I'm feeling the stress of what's ahead creeping in. Back to meetings, grading papers, and spreadsheets. Also, I'm mentally gearing up to promote a new book--that's another story in itself. The key is figuring out the balance. I know things get crazed at certain times of the year, the key is staying ahead of the workload. But it takes a lot of creative energy to stay ahead and while I'm good at it, I'm wondering if there's a better way.

All this to say that I'm grateful for the blessings summer has given us. It is my favorite time of year because I am most myself. Does that make sense?

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts