"Sunday Morning Creep in Like a Nun."




Selfie with some of my favorite poets: Shari Caplan (leopard print bow tie), Jennifer Jean, and Enzo Surin. This is from last night's Mr. Hip Presents reading. There were six scheduled readers, as well as a Skyped-in reading from Dorianne Laux.


Didn't think I'd enjoy the Skype reading, but it was pretty cool.

****

Wow, what a week. I've had two readings this week but it feels like three. I went out to Shelburne Falls, which is on the other side of the state from me, to read with the Collected Poets Series. My thanks to Marie Gautier and Rose Carlson for being the hostesses with the mostestes! Here's Marie at work.


****

And this past Saturday, I read with J.D. Scrimgeour as part of the Salem Literary Festival. Gosh, what a well-attended event. Hats off to Brunonia Barry for breathing new life into the festival.

****

It's been so long since I've read at back-to-back events that I had forgotten how grueling it can be. And, I can't remember the last time I sold more than one book at a reading. Underlife is no spring chicken, but Misery (which is still not available according to Amazon.com), seems to be selling well--from the first few books I ave sold. That's really special to me. I have high hopes for this little book.



Comments

Popular Posts