(Me, Writer Bug, and Boston Erin being goofy for the camera!)
Every few weeks I find myself in the company of these extremely accomplished women. They are my touchstones. Okay, they inspire me to keep moving ahead with my goals, and are great sounding boards for my half-baked ideas. Truth is, without this community of women the work wouldn't be nearly as much fun.
So after a productive and fun meeting of the minds, it's time for a new to-do list to carry me through to the end of the month.
- Write three poems (psyching myself up for National Poetry Writing Month in April)
- Send manuscript to one publisher
- Enter manuscript in this contest
- Enter poem in this contest
- Plan new reading series with Boston Erin
- Write Poetry Thursday column
- Finish research for upcoming Poetry Thursday stuff
- Look up resources for state grants and scholarships
- Send out poems to two journals
I know that if I don't write it down I'll never do it. Gosh, I could complete an item a day and finish the list by the end of the month. My list seems a little publishing heavy, but next month I will be writing a poem a day and that's where I want to keep my focus.