While I don’t believe in writer’s block, I seem to be unable to complete a poem, even a bad one. I’m in a writing funk, shall we say.
I’m working through it, but I’m not producing anything worth sharing. The good thing is that I’ve been writing every day so I hope to post something mid-week. And for some reason, I’m resistant to writing prompts. But if this internal stalemate continues, I’ll comb the archives of RWP for help.
One great thing to look forward to is The Dodge Poetry Festival at the end of September. Being immersed in poetry for this special weekend always rejuvenates my soul.
In the meantime, maybe attacking a few goals will pull me through.
August To-Do List
- Finalize fall NEWS Reading Dates
- Write four poems this month
- Revise three poems—I have poems from April that need attention
- Submit poetry to four journals
- Star organizing a second manuscript