2012 Book List

Every year I say I'm going to read a ton of books, and every year I fall flat. Can't remember the last time I plowed through a fiction title that wasn't a Captain Underpants or Diary of a Wimpy Kid book. I read a few poetry books a month but other genres collect dust on my shelves.

These books, however, I'm really looking forward to reading. Some I've carried over from past years.

1. Another Bullshit Night in Suck City by Nick Flynn (memoir)
2. Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime by John Heilemann and Mark Halprien (nonfiction)
3. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson (biography)
4. Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones (fiction)
5. The Financial Lives of Poets by Jess Walter
6. The Gift by Lewis Hyde (nonfiction)
7. The Anthologist by Nicholas Baker (fiction)
8. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver (nonfiction)
9.Street Shadows: A Memoir of Race, Rebellion, and Redemption by Jerald Walker
10. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee (classic fiction)
11. Notes from an Accidental Band Geek by Erin Dionne
12.


Poetry
13. Skin, Inc. by Thomas Sayers Ellis
14. The New Black by Evie Shockley
15. The Undertaker's Daughter by Toi Derricotte
16. The Book of Orgasms by Nin Andrews
17. Flood by Kathleen Flenniken
18. Blue Front by Martha Collins
19. One with Others by C.D. Wright
20. Nox by Anne Carson
21. The One Fifteen to Penn Station by Kevin Carey
22. Life on Mars by Tracy K. Smith
23.
24.

My poetry list is dominated by women. Any suggestions for good reads on either list? That reminds me, I need to update my Goodreads info.

Comments

Popular Posts