Confession Tuesday

Happy Last Day of January! (Sounds weird, coming from me.) Time for your confessions. Share a little of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.

I’m in a weird place right now. I feel stretched between three jobs and my home life—and not doing any of them particularly well. I thrive on focus, so when I have too many parts of my life competing for attention, it stresses me out. Fortunately (and unfortunately) one of my three jobs will end tomorrow. My hope is by Friday, I can get back to a semi-hectic life.

The lack of writing poetry this month is killing me. But I had to sacrifice writing for sleep.

****

As I was leaving class at Salem State, it hit me that tomorrow will be my last day at Babson. Yesterday, with the calming words of a good friend, I decided to roll with whatever emotions come. I need to be in the moment for this. I want to celebrate all that I’ve accomplished with a great team of folks. As you would expect, they are working me to the bone until the very last hour. But I am happy to do it. I will miss my friends dearly. We will celebrate as we always do: with food!

*Getting weepy. Must write about something else.*

****

I’m considering doing a cleanse. But I like solid food way too much to commit—*sigh*

****

One thing I’m looking forward to is taking my kids to school for the first time in a very long time. I have family help out with all drop offs and pickups. Ella always tells me which moms are standing outside with their kids and I know she feels left out. Just one more reminder that this career move is absolutely the right choice for me.

Comments

Jeannine said…
Aw, sweetie! I feel so bad for you. Virtual hugs!
If you want to try a lighter, easier cleanse, try going off wheat and dairy for a couple of weeks. It's what every naturopath/nutrionist recommends when you go in anyway :) I should have listened years ago, instead of waiting until I developed allergies to them to quit.
Thanks for sharing, January. I hope all goes well with this transition in your life! You'll have one happy child tomorrow!
carolee said…
these kinds of changes are so hard. for what it's worth -- seeing it from the outside -- i'm proud of you for the chances you take!!
January said…
Thanks everyone. I'm feeling much better now that this week is over.

Popular Posts