The Meaning of Life

So ...

Toi Derricotte is now a chancellor of the Academy of American poets, Natasha Trethewey has just been named poet laureate of Mississippi, and Sonia Sanchez was recently named poet laureate of Philadelphia. Love, love, love when good things happen to good people. Let's not forget Nikky Finney's National Book Award win.

Good lord, there's something in the air ...

****

Thanks to Dan Nester for including me in his article, "I, Literary Tourist," at the Poetry Foundation's website. Go read it right now!

****

After my first full week of teaching at Salem State, working at Babson, and trying to get a handle on the Mass Poetry Fest, I'm pooped. The weekend can't come fast enough. And you know what I'm most excited about this weekend? Waking up early to get organized around Mass Poetry and planning next week's classes. Yes, I'm excited about work!

Yesterday, I was honored with many of my Babson coworkers at our annual Service Awards. I was recognized for my 10 years of service to the college. It was a gratifying yet bittersweet experience.

****

As you know, I am in love with my iPhone and with Siri. Today, a friend of mind asked Siri, "What is the meaning of life?" Here's her response:


That's exactly the answer I would give. Thanks,Siri.

Comments

Popular Posts