The submission period for the festival is now open. You may submit your proposal here:
Only submissions made in the online form provided will be considered. While there is no fee to submit program proposals, any expenses incurred in the process of submission will be the responsibility of the program/project organizer(s).
- Poems of place
- Poetry and the body
- Multicultural poetry
- Poetry of conscience
- Poetry of gender and sexual orientation
- Poetry and culture through food
- Sessions specifically toward college students, high school students, and children and families
- Poetry Installations
Note: The festival does not schedule individual poets for readings. We will, however, accept proposals for workshops from an individual or from group workshop leaders. All other programs are for groups of poets and presenters.
Our criteria for submissions are based on the following:
1. Originality—Is this proposal truly unique from what we have seen at prior Mass Poetry Festivals?
2. Quality—Is this a proposal for high quality programming? Is there evidence—references, examples of previous performances—that demonstrate that quality?
3. Diversity—Does the program reflect the festival’s values?
4. Audience—Will this program help build a larger audience? Everyone who participates must help publicize the festival in smart, creative ways.
Thanks again for helping us celebrate the poetry community in Massachusetts and beyond.
On behalf of the Festival Planning Committee