Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Confession Tuesday

If it's Tuesday, it's time for your confessions. Share a little of yourself and we promise to do the same.

This is my last full week of teaching classes.


I've had lots of fun this semester teaching a full course load, and my students are great. But I need a break. Also, this is the first time I will have a month off. Hello! It's not like I won't be busy, however. The O'Neil household has officially entered the silly season (a.k.a. the holidays). And the Mass Poetry Festival never sleeps.


I'm thinking about writing the next poem (not the last poem), which is a good sign. It's too early to say I'm working on a new book, but the poems are coming. They are hiding underneath other poems. I wake up and there they are waiting to be noticed. They wait patiently for me to turn ideas into drafts. So I am writing, scribbling, jotting, musing, singing, twisting, poeming.

Keep calm and write poems.

And on a sad note, my granddaddy passed away this past Sunday. So I will be flying down to Atlanta this weekend for the funeral. He and my grandmama, who passed away last May, were part of a generation quickly disappearing. They enjoyed the American Dream: they worked steadily, they raised a family, they were active in their community, and they owned their own home. Not to say that life didn't throw them challenges, but my grandparents were humble people who prospered. I hope I am that lucky.

My granddaddy lived a good life. He will be missed.

1 comment:

Antonio said...

Buenas, enhorabuena por el blog, me gustarĂ­a intercambiar enlaces contigo y que nos sigamos mutuamente.
Un enorme saludo desde http://orgullobenfiquista.blogspot.com/


Related Posts with Thumbnails