Happy Confession Tuesday! It's a post-festival confession and I can barely type I'm so tired. So I'm giving you my top 10's moments, in no particular order.
2. Sitting with Sharon, Terrance Hayes, and Eduardo C. Corral in the green room on Saturday night.
3. Singing happy birthday to Jill McDonough with 275 of her newest, closest friends.
4. Knowing that unlike last year, festival cofounder Michael Ansara got to see some of the festival.
5. Fewer mishaps, typos, and gaffes with our programming (woo hoo).
6. Listening to the Cinco de Mayo reading with Amanda Torres, John Murillo, and Martin Espada on Sunday.
7. Hearing all the praise about this group effort we call a festival--it never gets old.
8. Seeing the blue shirted volunteers smiling and happy.
9. Introducing Terrance Hayes to my parents.
10. Hanging out with Joseph O., Aimee Nez, and Marie-Elizabeth.
11. Working with a core group of friends and poets again. Couldn't do it without them.
OK, that's 11 top 10s. More to come in the next few days.