Confession Tuesday















Happy 5th of July, and welcome to Confession Tuesday! Share a bit of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.


Photo of fish in a pond was taken during our family weekend getaway. It was nice to spend a little time with friends and do absolutely nothing but hang out and relax. Thanks, Heather! 

****

Now that Independence Day has come and gone, I feel as if summer is almost over. This happens to me whenever I start looking too far ahead on the calendar. I think New England is only allotted two months of warm weather. The rest of the year is winter in disguise.

That was a bit negative, but I really love summer. It boggles my mind that I am living in a state that has a short summer season (and a ridiculously harsh winter).

****

Someday, I’ll move back to the South.


****

It is really hard these days to put writing first. As with last week’s confessions, I decided to make writing and finishing my manuscript a priority. For me, putting my writing first equals putting myself first; this is not easy with two small kids running around. Most days, I feel like I’m trying to put on the oxygen mask first before the kids’ masks—AND build the airplane AND land it at the same time.

****

I love a good em dash—but it drives me crazy when people use it incorrectly or excessively.

****

On tap this week:

  1. Revise a poem I wrote last week. Still not gelling for me.
  2. Finish a poem started over the weekend
  3. Send poems to two publications
  4. Clean desk
****

Thanks for suggestions of women poets to watch. Keep 'em coming!

Comments

Thomas D said…
Good morning, January!

I wish that summer were almost over! I love fall foliage, and cool weather.

Brief confession today: I plan to go to the library a little later to borrow Making Cocoa for Kingsley Amis by the poet Wendy Cope.

Enjoy the summery days while they last!

dylan
January said…
Cool. Thanks for stopping by, Dylan. Let me know what you think of the Wendy Cope book.
Thomas D said…
Wendy Cope is seriously hilarious! I want to memorize "Engineers' Corner" and "All-Purpose Poem for State Occasions."

Popular Posts