Virginia Is for Lovers










Sorry, I was having too much fun to post anything substantial this week.

The kids and I have had a blast visiting my parents in Virginia. The temps have been in the 90s all week. Here's a photo from Busch Gardens. And yesterday was our beach day--it was glorious.

****

I've had this incredible guilt about not posting. Silly, I know. I must have needed the break. With the exception of one afternoon, I didn't get as much time to myself as I had hoped. But we've been on the go since we arrived so I'm happy about the trade-off.

****

As I step back into the po-biz, I have a new list of to-do's, upcoming readings, and writing projects with August due dates.

Admittedly, I have enjoyed reading and writing poetry this summer more than sticking to arbitrary deadlines. But I am so goal oriented that if I don't have a plan in place, I feel as if I'm in a constant freefall. With August around the corner, however, I'm looking forward to (slowly) getting my poetry groove back.

****

And yes,  I did have a crab cake sandwich. It was delish!

Comments

Popular Posts