Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Hope all is well in your world. Tell us a little something about your life and we promise to do the same.

After a series of terribly stressful days dealing with my ex-husband, culminating in a long string of painful text messages yesterday, I took the kids out last night for a walk and took these pictures. I needed to center myself, to remind myself there's a silver lining in everything. I'm fortunate to have two in my life.





















Sometimes I need reminders that Alex, Ella, and I are on a path. Not just a path, an adventure. I felt myself needing to be very still, even in the middle of the park with my kids wresting in the corner.

(Cool item of note: the picture of the people standing around in the park are actors rehearsing A Midsummer Night's Dream. *smile* )

****

Today, I need to keep moving. So I will go about my day as I would normally do.

After the long-distance hug from my parents, I will work hard at a job I love, have lunch with a dear friend, make a fabulous dinner for the kids, and meet with my writers group this evening. Maybe I'll get a poem out of this.

The best thing I can do right now is move forward.

****


"We all have reasons
for moving.
I move
to keep things whole."

~ Mark Strand.

Comments

carolee said…
i am just finding this one. hugs to you. one thing i find so interesting in all of this is that i feel like there are some things i'm over & can rise above ... until i can't. it's this strange tumbling backward down a hill. it's miserable while it's happening & even though you're back at some lower plane when the tumbling stops, you're grateful to be able to brush off your trousers & get to walking back up the hill. does that make any sense? at least that's how it is for me. a strange sensation.

Popular Posts