Permission Slip

Today, I gave myself permission to do nothing. No working out. No house cleaning. No grass cutting. No makeup (not that anyone would ever notice).

So far so good.

I’m eating whatever I want. I’m watching movies and lots of Oprah’s Lifeclass on OWN, my guilty pleasure. And maybe, just maybe, I’ll get a few poems written. I’ve already been to Starbucks to finish reading a friend’s manuscript. I’ve also revised a new poem so the day has been a good one, and it's not over yet.   

****

Knowing me, however, I can’t let the day go by without doing something domestic. Can’t let a full day pass without doing a load of laundry or unloading the dishwasher.

****

Had the good fortune last night to see a sold-out performance of Almost, Maine, a Summer Theatre at Salem production. It was terrific! Can't remember the last time I went to the theatre. The play is running next weekend at Salem State University, so buy tickets soon before it sells out.

****
Really enjoyed listening to Natasha Trethewey’s podcast on New Letters on the Air. Check it out.

****
The beautiful and talented Kevin Carey has a short story, "Home for the Holidays," for The 2012 Million Writers Award. Read his story and vote for him!

Comments

Popular Posts