Confession Tuesday

If it's Tuesday, it's time for your confessions. Share a little bit of yourself and we promise to do the same. 



I have traded the fabulous beaches of Provincetown for the rural, earthy landscape of Millay Colony in Austerlitz, NY. After a weekend at home, I packed up the car, dropped off the kids with their dad, and crossed the border in another writing retreat. 

****

This week, I'm here with Aimee, Sarah, Joseph, Leslie, and Joshua. Maybe I'll post a group photo in a day or so. Maybe not. We'll see what the week brings. 

****

Goals for the retreat: create, revise, and harness the creative spark. I feel blessed that I rekindled that spark last week at the Fine Arts Work Center. 

Part of me wonders how to fill the time. This week is unstructured. Fortunately, there's no television so I won't get sucked into reruns of Burn Notice. As Marie Howe says, "It hurts to be present." 
 
****
I sent this photo of the farmhouse, where I'm staying, to my mom. She said it looked lonely. I replied, "Not lonely but quiet."

****
One word: ticks. Too much nature. But, it is beautiful here. The sun rises over the ridge that borders NY and MA. Just beautiful. 

Comments

Popular Posts