Flarf

Has it been 10 years since grad school? I know I've been out of the poetry loop but to miss a whole movement? I must be slipping. Well, better late than never.

Flarf has been called the first 21st century cultural/literary movement. My take on it is that it's found poetry, sometimes taken out of e-mails and blogs and computer language, often nonsensical and really bad. Kind of an in-joke for white collar poets.

Here are some links to Jacket magazine:
Jacket 30
Jacket 29

And one to the Electronic Poetry Center at SUNY Buffalo.

I have to tell you, I'm fascinated. Take a look at Jacket's Flarf Feature, a collection of flarf poems.

Last but not least, here's the Flarf Festival group reading held at the Medicine Show Theater, NYC. (This is You Tube video.)

If you are a flarfer, I'm interested in your comments.

Comments

Hi January,

You have a gorgeous name, and the babies are adorable. Delighted that you are grooving on the flarf phenom. Come visit my blog anytime: http://ululate.blogspot.com

Nada
January said…
Thanks. I wonder if flarf is going on in Boston.

Popular Posts