Happy anniversary, baby. Got you on my mind ...

On this date 10 years ago, Tim and I met at Jazzfest in New Orleans. I was in NY and he was here in MA. He looks exactly the same, while I am a few pounds and a few babies heavier.

My girlfriend just came back from the crescent city, and she had an amazing time. We really want to take the kids down but this is not the year. Maybe in 2007 when the area is a little further in its recovery. But just the thought of the music, the hurricanes (the drink, not the weather condition), Crawfish Monica, and the Cafe Du Monde brings me back to that night at F&M's patio bar and grille. Tim asked me to dance and I said yes. The rest, as they say, is history.

No poetry tonight, but the rain and my husband's kisses never cease to amaze me.

Comments

Popular Posts