Thursday, May 11, 2006

Poetry Thursday

I am smitten with this site. Poetry Thursday is one of those rare blogs that focuses on community. Post a poem (yours or someone else's) on your site, then post a note on the Poetry Thursday blog to let everyone know you feel like sharing.

To my surprise, I've received some very nice comments about my okra poem. I can't stress enough how delicious okra is. Yes, it's gooey, but that's the best part! But I digress ...

Visit Poetry Thursday any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Poetry Thursday is wonderful! I'm not sure why you would be surprised by the comments on your okra poem. To me it is a celebration of freedom, victory, triumph and the power of the human spirit... Amazing how a poem about okra can do that!

Anonymous said...

Inspired by your poem, I sit here. It is quiet. I can hear no sounds except for the sizzling of the round treats before me. I've already eaten my sandwich, I've had a few green beans but my heart belongs to my okra. Oh, precious okra.

Anonymous said...

I love that you're getting the exposure you deserve through your blog, Jan. It will snowball from here; I know it.

-Erin

bostonerin.livejournal.com

January said...

Thanks Erin. I have a good feeling about things. At least the poems are coming.

Lynn said...

Hey, I ate okra the other day. I wanted it after reading your poem, then it was being served at a restaurant I was at just a couple of days later, so I had some. Isn't that cool?

January said...

Very cool. Did you like okra? How was it served? Awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails