Poetry Thursday

I am smitten with this site. Poetry Thursday is one of those rare blogs that focuses on community. Post a poem (yours or someone else's) on your site, then post a note on the Poetry Thursday blog to let everyone know you feel like sharing.

To my surprise, I've received some very nice comments about my okra poem. I can't stress enough how delicious okra is. Yes, it's gooey, but that's the best part! But I digress ...

Visit Poetry Thursday any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Comments

Jennifer S. said…
Poetry Thursday is wonderful! I'm not sure why you would be surprised by the comments on your okra poem. To me it is a celebration of freedom, victory, triumph and the power of the human spirit... Amazing how a poem about okra can do that!
Anonymous said…
Inspired by your poem, I sit here. It is quiet. I can hear no sounds except for the sizzling of the round treats before me. I've already eaten my sandwich, I've had a few green beans but my heart belongs to my okra. Oh, precious okra.
Anonymous said…
I love that you're getting the exposure you deserve through your blog, Jan. It will snowball from here; I know it.

-Erin

bostonerin.livejournal.com
January said…
Thanks Erin. I have a good feeling about things. At least the poems are coming.
Anonymous said…
Hey, I ate okra the other day. I wanted it after reading your poem, then it was being served at a restaurant I was at just a couple of days later, so I had some. Isn't that cool?
January said…
Very cool. Did you like okra? How was it served? Awesome!

Popular Posts