12-Bar Blues

Now that I have kids, I find that time flies quicker that ever! Can you believe it's July? Friday the 13th, no less.

Last week I had an ice cream social—tomorrow I’m having a garage sale. I think my industriousness this month is an attempt to make up for being a couch potato all those years BC (before kids!). Fortunately, I’m going on vacation in a few weeks so I’ll have a chance to rest and relax with family for a few days.

In the meantime, these are the poetry-related tasks I hope to do before vacation.


  1. Mini-NaPoWriMo: Hope to write three poems in three days. One of the poems somehow will pick up the 12-bar blues musical progression heard in so many early rock and roll songs. I’m excited to write this one.
  2. Finish McSweeney’s book of poems and write a review
  3. Send poems to two publications (I don’t do this nearly as much as I should, even though I add it to my lists without fail)
  4. Plan fall reading series dates

So what’s on your to-do list?

Also, if you live on the North Shore of Massachusetts and would like my address for tomorrow’s garage sale, send me an e-mail at jgill27494@aol.com.

Comments

Michele Boselli said…
ciao, nice blog
Kay Cooke said…
As always - your energy astonishes! :)
January said…
No, CB. I'm just crazy!

Popular Posts