Monday, January 12, 2009

Confession Tuesday

It's Confession time! Share your thoughts, and be sure to visit my fellow confessors in The Confessional.



My life right now is like a house with a leaky roof, a broken water heater, and a foundation crack. I don’t whether to fix everything or scrap it and get a new house.

****

My daughter has developed a potty mouth. Lately, when she’s upset with us, her favorite phrases are: “You stink” and “You’re poop!” How lucky are we to have a child with such a creative vocabulary. When does this phase end? Tim and I are big advocates of time-outs, but this hardened criminal can do a stretch like she was waiting in line for a Happy Meal. Nothing fazes her.

Admittedly, I love Ella’s resolve—it’s her way or the highway. But really, there’s nothing worse than hearing “You stink!” from a three-year old.

****

This weekend, I had the kids while Tim was out of town so I didn’t do much more than sleep when I could. Didn’t get far on my poetry goals.

But hey, the past is past. This week, my goals are to:

1. Write two poems, one of which is an inaugural poem for next week’s open mic
2. Send out two packs of poems
3. Read Howard Levy's A Day This Lit

Keeping it simple.

****

Taking next Tuesday off for the inauguration so I can watch it in the privacy of my own home.

****
True confession: I added “The Thong Song” to my iTunes.

3 comments:

Maya Ganesan said...

I cracked up when I read the part about your daughter. The photo is just too cute.

January said...

That's how she sucks you in -- with her cuteness!

Thanks Maya.

Collin Kelley said...

It's okay, I can't stop listening to Lady Gaga singing "Just Dance" on my iPod. Trust me, once you hear this song it will be stuck in your head for life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails