Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. This is the early afternoon edition of  Confession Tuesday. The down and dirty, getting it done version. Share a little of yourself with us an we promise to do the same.

****

I would have posted sooner but I was helping my daughter make a valentine heart out of M&Ms this morning for a school project. We ate the leftovers.

****

First full week of working two jobs instead of three. I find myself marveling at how things have changed over a short period of time. Wow. I mean WOW!

In my comp class, I assigned an essay from Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird. I had forgotten how much I loved this book. It's a good reminder that writing is not rocket science, but may seem like it sometimes when trying to figure out the right concoction of words. And being in the classroom with nonwriters reminds me how daunting it can be for someone starting out. I tell my students not to get worked up about the writing ahead of them but, of course, they do.

****

When I'm not teaching, I'm waist-deep into Mass Poetry planning. We've selected panels and now I'm working on a team to get the actual schedule finalized. There's a ton of work to be done, but many of last year's team have signed up to help out again. There's an excitement and anticipation in the air. Again, WOW.

This is good work. All of it.

****
Wish I was going to AWP this year. I'm just too busy to go. But I'm all over AWP Boston. All. Over. It!


****

Tonight I have my regular workshop (I have nothing to show--again!). But tomorrow I get to participate in a writers' gathering I have been unable to attend until now. We'll have a space to gather and write, sort of a Starbucks without the coffee and customers. I'm being given too many opportunities to write not to produce something!

****

We are all being graded on a curve.

Happy Tuesday, folks!

Comments

Popular Posts