Shapeshifting

I love how no two days are the same in my world.

Yesterday, my creative writing students sat in on a class with upper level students as we discussed adding media to poetry. It was great for my class (and me) to hear these students set their poems to sound and music. The passion for their projects was clear. I'm hoping my students will be inspired to experiment with their work, too.

Later in the afternoon, I had a delightful walkthrough at the Peabody Essex Museum (PEM). They are a major supporter of the Massachusetts Poetry Festival and many of our events will be held inside their galleries and meeting rooms. It was a whirlwind visit, but just being in that space was inspiring. Not only was I impressed by their Shapeshifting exhibit, they have a number of exhibits that are perfect for children. I'm thinking of taking the kids on Sunday.

****

Would like to go back to the PEM and write ekphrastic poetry.

****

Today, I'm taking the kids to Salem State University to see where I work. I hope they think it's as cool as I do.

Comments

Popular Posts