Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. You know the drill.

****

I wrote my confessions around 5 a.m. but forgot to post until now. *sigh*

****

Yesterday, I put myself on a Me Plan: seven days of reflection and rejuvenation. What does that mean? Nothing outlandish. It just feels like a good time to reassess and take stock. Figure out how to budget my time.

I'm not ready for a cleanse, but I am ready to align my mind, body, and spirit with a purpose. This is a good start.

1. Write a poem a day for seven days
2. Read one book
3. Lights off at 11 p.m.
4. Drink 48 oz of water a day
5. Eat more fruits and veggies/no eating after 7 p.m.
6. Exercise three times a week/check out a yoga class

The kids are on vacation this week, so why I decided to do this now is beyond me. But it feels rights. Sometimes if I don’t pull back, my life swallows me up whole. I think of it as hitting the reset button.

****

During the past week, I signed on to do quite a few readings. Go figure. Before, nothing. Now, I have a full slate during the next few months. Feast or famine, I tell you. 

I was also asked to contribute an essay for a very special project. More info to come on that project.

****

Help us get former U.S. Poet Laureate Rita Dove on Dancing with the Stars (Please).

****
Short but sweet, folks. Have a great day.

Comments

Popular Posts