Kibbles and Bits

Let's see ... After a fire drill on campus this morning, half of my students decided not to return to class. Nice.

****

Later in the day, I bent over to pick up a pencil and the one day I wear a dress, it rips in the back from slit to zipper. *sigh* Fortunately I have a sweater to cover my goods and services.

Damn.

I've had the dress for years and I look great in it. Must be weak threads. Or all the muscle I've been building up on that part of my body. Yeah, right.

****

Before the dress-ripping incident, I did a walkthrough of the Peabody Essex Museum, our main venue for the Mass Poetry Fest. Let me tell you, the building is spectacular. And it's just so lovely to be in the presence of that kind of architectural grace. We are lucky to have them as a partner.

Still a mountain of work to be done before the festival, but it will happen. Many hands make light work. I'm just looking forward to sleeping more than three hours a night.

****
If you haven't done so, enter to win Mass Poetry's Bad Poetry Contest. The "winning" poems will be read by Steve Almond himself at the festival (Steve is a fine poet and writer, BTW). Last year's reading was a laugh riot. Yep, I said laugh riot. Deal.

****

Tomorrow night I'm attending the Louder than a Bomb Massachusetts Youth Poetry Slam Festival finals:

LTAB Poetry Slam Finals
Villa Victoria Center for the Arts, (85 West Newton Street in Boston's South End).
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased in advance.

****

I really just want to crawl into bed and write a poem. I think it will happen tonight. Not a bad poem, a good one--I hope.

Comments

Popular Posts