Strawberries




















They came back on their own this year. How glorious. There's a poem here.

****

I can't find my camera. With any luck, it is buried under a pile of papers. Usually I'm very careful with it but I haven't seen it for a week. My heart aches. Ugh. It's keeping me up at night. I mean I like my iPhone camera, but I'm really feeling lost without the camera. Oh, the angst!

****

Happy to say that all week I've been writing and revising poems. I've written a few new pieces and have revised poems written earlier this year. Feels good to go into the summer months with a new focus and the desire to write. I think that's what's been lacking for me--desire. What has sparked this? For the past two weeks I've been relatively consistent with my writing schedule, and I've spent lots of time with my fellow poets. It's times like this when I really value the power of the poetry community.

****

Congrats to Susan Rich on being a prize winner. Woo hoo!
****

"People often ask me how to become a writer. The answer is to write for free. You won’t get paid for years. I wrote for decades before I saw any money from my writing."

****

Today is National Doughnut Day. FYI, Dunkin' Donuts is giving away free donuts with the purchase of a beverage. Who am I to turn down a free donut?
****

"Now rumor has it she ain't got your love anymore."

Comments

Popular Posts