Here's my daughter holding my latest find. It's a bracelet that says, "Almost Famous." Makes me smile every time I wear it.
A few days of a blogging break turned into a week. How did that happen? Anyhoo, it is Saturday, I am at Starbucks, and I am happy. The kids and I have had a great holiday week. Wish I could capture this feeling and save it for when I really need it.
I've been working on a bunch of projects in which I can't discuss specifics ... and you know I love the specifics.
- Finished reading a friend's manuscript, now reading another m'script for another friend
- Finished a big project for a poetry organization visiting our town next year
- In negotiations with many poets and agents for the 2013 Massachusetts Poetry Festival
- Just saw a documentary last night created by a poet-friend on a very famous poet. It is terrific!
- I'm contemplating a very big, new project that is not a poetry collection. It is nonfiction. Scares the bejesus out of me.
How's that for vague?
I have a new poem up at Mass Poetry.
Great interview by Susan Rich on Colleen Michaels, aka the Czarina of (Poetry) Fun!
I have fallen in love all over again with the poetry of Maria Mazziotti Gillan. Re-reading her collection, All That Lies Between Us.
Tonight, I'm going to a reading at Pine Manor College's Solstice series featuring Meg Kearney. Tomorrow, I will be at the Longfellow House for a New England Poetry Club reading with James Tate and Dara Wier. A good poetry weekend, indeed.
I don't have time for crazy.