Almost Famous













Here's my daughter holding my latest find. It's a bracelet that says, "Almost Famous." Makes me smile every time I wear it.

****

A few days of a blogging break turned into a week. How did that happen? Anyhoo, it is Saturday, I am at Starbucks, and I am happy. The kids and I have had a great holiday week. Wish I could capture this feeling and save it for when I really need it.

****

I've been working on a bunch of projects in which I can't discuss specifics ... and you know I love the specifics. 

  • Finished reading a friend's manuscript, now reading another m'script for another friend
  • Finished a big project for a poetry organization visiting our town next year
  • In negotiations with many poets and agents for the 2013 Massachusetts Poetry Festival
  • Just saw a documentary last night created by a poet-friend on a very famous poet. It is terrific!
  • I'm contemplating a very big, new project that is not a poetry collection. It is nonfiction. Scares the bejesus out of me. 

How's that for vague?

****

I have a new poem up at Mass Poetry.

****

Great interview by Susan Rich on Colleen Michaels, aka the Czarina of (Poetry) Fun!

****

I have fallen in love all over again with the poetry of Maria Mazziotti Gillan. Re-reading her collection, All That Lies Between Us.

****

Tonight, I'm going to a reading at Pine Manor College's Solstice series featuring Meg Kearney. Tomorrow, I will be at the Longfellow House for a New England Poetry Club reading with James Tate and Dara Wier. A good poetry weekend, indeed.

****

I don't have time for crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts