Sunday, July 22, 2012

Permission Slip

Today, I gave myself permission to do nothing. No working out. No house cleaning. No grass cutting. No makeup (not that anyone would ever notice).

So far so good.

I’m eating whatever I want. I’m watching movies and lots of Oprah’s Lifeclass on OWN, my guilty pleasure. And maybe, just maybe, I’ll get a few poems written. I’ve already been to Starbucks to finish reading a friend’s manuscript. I’ve also revised a new poem so the day has been a good one, and it's not over yet.   


Knowing me, however, I can’t let the day go by without doing something domestic. Can’t let a full day pass without doing a load of laundry or unloading the dishwasher.


Had the good fortune last night to see a sold-out performance of Almost, Maine, a Summer Theatre at Salem production. It was terrific! Can't remember the last time I went to the theatre. The play is running next weekend at Salem State University, so buy tickets soon before it sells out.

Really enjoyed listening to Natasha Trethewey’s podcast on New Letters on the Air. Check it out.

The beautiful and talented Kevin Carey has a short story, "Home for the Holidays," for The 2012 Million Writers Award. Read his story and vote for him!

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails