Bewitched



















Yesterday, I wrote a Lunch Poem in downtown Salem. I sat near this statue of Elizabeth Montgomery--Samantha from the TV show Bewitched. The sit-com filmed a few episodes in Salem back in 1970, so as a promotion this statue was dedicated to the city a few years ago. Just one more quirky thing that plays into the charm and allure that is Salem.

****

Been reading Frank O'Hara lately, which prompted me to write a poem in the spirit of his Lunch Poems. Hard to know if it is a good poem or a ramble. I know it was fun to write, so maybe that's all that matters.

****

Salem is busy from about April to November 1. After Halloween, Witch City turns into a ghost town (pun intended).

****

Admittedly, I have not read much of the New York School writers.

****

Tomorrow afternoon, the kids will spend a week with their dad. I am already missing them. Always takes a few days to get over a empty house--Fridays are the most difficult whenever they leave. But I am determined to use my spare time to read, write, and work on house projects.

I don't have any excuses. Time to create a to-do list and stick to it.

****

"Hey Mr. DJ put a record on. I want to dance with my baby."

Comments

Popular Posts