Kibbles and Bits









My kids are back from vacation! Woo hoo!! I've had a good week--extremely productive and full of social activities--but it has been quiet around the house.

So what did I do last night--fill the house with people! Some of Alex and Ella's friends came over for a cookout play date. By the end of the evening, we had a baseball game, chalk art, and bike riding happening at the same time. When I think of summer fun, this is exactly what I had in mind.

(They missed me as much as I missed them. *smile*)

****

What did I do this week while the kids were away? Not nearly as much as I had hoped, but  enough. I wrote two poems, and revised two other. One of the newly revised I sent out for publication.

Let's see ... the house is relatively spotless. The yard and garden got some much-needed attention. Had folks over for a crab cake dinner and went out to dinner a few times. But mostly, I worked and slept.

****

I have poems out at five journals. Was just rejected by RATTLE. Oh well. Would love suggestions on journals (print or online) that are up and coming.

****
Can you believe the Olympics are here? Where has the summer gone?

Comments

Popular Posts