Saturday, July 28, 2012

Kibbles and Bits

My kids are back from vacation! Woo hoo!! I've had a good week--extremely productive and full of social activities--but it has been quiet around the house.

So what did I do last night--fill the house with people! Some of Alex and Ella's friends came over for a cookout play date. By the end of the evening, we had a baseball game, chalk art, and bike riding happening at the same time. When I think of summer fun, this is exactly what I had in mind.

(They missed me as much as I missed them. *smile*)


What did I do this week while the kids were away? Not nearly as much as I had hoped, but  enough. I wrote two poems, and revised two other. One of the newly revised I sent out for publication.

Let's see ... the house is relatively spotless. The yard and garden got some much-needed attention. Had folks over for a crab cake dinner and went out to dinner a few times. But mostly, I worked and slept.


I have poems out at five journals. Was just rejected by RATTLE. Oh well. Would love suggestions on journals (print or online) that are up and coming.

Can you believe the Olympics are here? Where has the summer gone?

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails