Common Threads 2013
“Poets we can claim in Massachusetts, bringing us worlds on the page.” ~ Jill McDonough
This year's Common Threads is now available. Ten poems by poets with Massachusetts connections is now available for download. Share these poems with your writers' group, book club, school, or community group.
1. “Leaves” by Lloyd SchwartzDescribed by poet Jill McDonough as “Ten pastorals, ten poems about the outdoors. Pastoral as joshing, take-this-job-and-shove-it. As meditation on life and death, on loveliness. As drunken urban water skiing, but with snow instead of water. And a pick-up truck instead of a boat. As grateful wonder over how your life turned out. Battlefield close-up, geography of afterlife, a metaphor for the interior landscape of a whole life’s time. As historical consideration of the outside in news you didn’t remember could split you inside out.”
2. “Leaves” by Afaa Michael Weaver
3. “To Whom It May Concern” by Andrea Cohen
4. “White Paper 38” by Martha Collins
5. “What to Tweak” by Patricia Smith
6. “Cherishing What Isn’t” by Jack Gilbert
7. “To a Strayed Cat” by Stephen Jonas
8. “Tuggin’” by Matt W. Miller
9. “Range-Finding” by Robert Frost
10. “Autobiographia Literaria” by Frank O’Hara
Find out more about Common Threads!
(Special thanks to and Danielle Jones-Pruett for all their hard work.)