2015 National Poetry Month Poster

























Here's the 2015 National Poetry Month poster from the Academy of American Poets. It arrived in the mail today. I have every NPM poster created since 2000. Most of them are in my office at work, but I'm keeping this one at home because I love it so much. Created by New Yorker Cartoonist Roz Chast, this poster features the first three lines of Mark Strand's poem, "Eating Poetry":
Ink runs from the corners of my mouth.
There is no happiness like mine.
I have been eating poetry.
When the kids came home from school and saw this poster, it gave me a opportunity to talk about a poem I love with them, which is sort-of the whole point of National Poetry Month. Even a poster can be a way in to poetry. Maybe I can snag another for Ella's fourth grade class. I think they'd really love it, too.

National Poetry Month starts April 1. Check out 30 Ways to Celebrate National Poetry Month from the Academy.

****

"There is no happiness like mine."

Comments

Popular Posts