Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday folks. It's Tuesday. Time for your confessions.

 

Here's a picture of Ella and me goofing off at our local community access channel BevCam. Our favorite storyteller and poet Tony Toledo asked The Improbable Colleen Michaels and me to do a guest spot on his new show Speak Up. When the link's available, I'll add it. 

Colleen and I took our kids so they could see the television studio. Taping two episodes back-to-back was harder than I thought, and the thought of me appearing on screen weirds me out. But it was fun and I was able to plug the Mass Poetry Fest, which is always good.

(I wore striped during the filming, which probably added 100 lbs to the camera.)

****

Speaking of the festival, I have officially entered the point in the spring where I feel tired and run down. Lots of moving parts between the festival, classes, meetings and home life. I'm exhausted. My hope is that because I recognize that I'm exhausted, I can be kinder on myself and those around me. 

*So I am setting an intention and sticking with it: I want to move through my day with grace and light.* That's the mantra for the rest of the day/week/month.

Taking the time to write this means I am slowing down and doing something for myself.

****

And--the best news--my son made it to his basketball playoff finals! His team won three games in four days. Outstanding! He's got a battle this weekend with two games on Saturday, so he and his team will take it day by day. Rock on, Alex! Go Celtics!

****

I'm still diligently working on m'scrip. The work continues. I also feel an April Poem-a-Day challenge coming on--like a fever! 

I have not submitted poems anywhere in four months. I need to get on that soon. Just too much to do. 


Comments

Popular Posts