Vote for Me at AWP!

So, big news!

I have been nominated for the position of Northeast Regional Chair of AWP's Board! I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to serve AWP's 50,000+ members. If elected, I will work hard to be an advocate for the many community voices not often heard, to foster communication among the working members to create sound policies, and to create strong partnerships with new and emerging literary organizations. You'll have a chance to vote for me at the conference, so please do! Special thanks to Jill McDonough, Oliver de la Paz, and Bonnie Culver for their support.

Here's a link to AWP's governance page.

Truth is, I've had a love affair with AWP for more years than I can count. I've written content for AWP and tweeted on their behalf. But when the Boston conference came around, I was inspired to do more. I'm a big believer in supporting the organizations that support me, so I am going in with an open mind, to listen and to learn.

Vote at AWP!

From AWP’s Website (for those who don't know--I'm talking to you, mom!):

"The Association of Writers & Writing Programs fosters literary achievement, advances the art of writing as essential to a good education, and serves the makers, teachers, students, and readers of contemporary writing. We support over 500 colleges and universities, 130 writers’ conferences and centers, and thousands of individual writers as members."

See you in Minneapolis!

Comments

Popular Posts