Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Let me know if you’re confessing, and if you would like to be added to The Confessional.


The dog days of summer and I am no in the mood to blog. Maybe that’s because I know the season is short. We’ve certainly had many overcast days with the threat of rain overhead, but most days have been hot and humid—just the way I like it!

****

Haven’t written any new poems since May and now it’s starting to annoy me. My poetry count is stuck at 39, just like my age. Maybe my non-writing is related to something else. Hmmmm.

****
Alex, my baby boy, will be going to preschool this September, so we’ve been figuring out how to arrange our schedules to accommodate his. Can’t believe he’s almost 5. I know he’s more than ready for the challenge, he’ll do just fine. But me? Oh yeah, I’ll be a wreck on his first day of school.

****

This Saturday, we’re going on vacation to Matunuck, Rhode Island, with Tim’s family for our annual vacation. At one point, we’ll have 25 people in the vacation house! I’m very excited to see how the kids interact with their older cousins this year now that they’re becoming more self-reliant. And Tim and I will manage to sneak away for a night out with the other grown-ups. Pictures aplenty will be posted next week.

****

Our local cable channel is showing clips of the 2004 ALDS championship game between the Red Sox and the Yankees (Big Papi late inning rallies. Curt Schilling’s bloody sock.). Still gives me chills four years later. It was the best, most dramatic series I’ve ever seen. Ahhh, memories.

Oh dear lord. They replaying 2007 World Series clips and I’m starting to cry. It’s time to go to bed. I love baseball.

*sniff*

Comments

Popular Posts